PEDDLER'S PERMIT APPLICATION
SECTION 3. APPLICATION INFORMATION.
A. Every Person desiring to engage in peddling in the Township shall submit a written application and valid photo identification to the Township for a permit. If such Person shall also be required to obtain a permit from any county officer, such Person shall, on making such application, exhibit a valid county permit.
All applicants shall provide a Pennsylvania State Police background check at the time of application. The background check shall not be older than 10 days prior to the date the application is filed.
Applicants, who have not lived within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania within 12 months preceding the date of the application, shall provide a background check from all states in which they have lived for the past 10 years.
The Township shall forward the application to the Police Department for a review of the background check(s). Each applicant, if required, shall sign a waiver allowing the Township Police Department to conduct any additional background check(s)
The application shall be upon a form provided by the Township and shall contain at least the following information verified by oath or affirmation:
- The full name, age, sex, local address, if any, and business address, if any, of the applicant.
- The permanent address of the applicant.
- The name and address of the current employer or a statement that such person is self-employed.
- The nature of the goods, wares, services, or merchandise offered for sale.
- The make and type of vehicle, if any, the applicant will use, including its registration number and proof of vehicle insurance.
- A statement as to whether or not the applicant has ever been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor or a crime of any kind involving moral turpitude.
- Upon request of the Police Department, the applicant shall also submit to fingerprinting.
- Each Person who will be engaging in peddling shall complete a separate application, and be subject to the same application fee as described below.
- No permit under this chapter shall be transferable from one person to another.
- The permit shall be good for 30 days from the date of issuance and may be renewed for one additional consecutive 30 day period for an additional fee.