Recently the Palmyra Police Department has received a few phone calls about the new no parking signs that cover commercial vehicles, boats, recreational vehicle and trailers. Below is information on this to cover some of the questions.
- The signs are placed where speed limit signs would go.
- A commercial vehicle is defined by Penn DOT as
- Have two axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross weight in excess of 26,000 pounds.
- Have three or more axles, regardless of weight
- Are used in combination, when the gross vehicle weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds.
- Having a sign on a van, car, or pickup truck is not considered a commercial vehicle.
- Recreational vehicles are allowed to be parked on the street for a period of 48hrs to either load or unload.
- Trailers are fine as long as some type of work is being done. The trailer cannot just be parked on the street for storage.
The below link will take you to the borough code for this ordnance.
Should there be additional questions the Palmyra Police Department can be reached at 717-838-8189.