SERVICES AVAILABLE VIA THE VICTIM WITNESS PROGRAM
The VW Program provides the following potential services to crime victims:
- Accompaniment to court proceedings
- Accompaniment to interviews with police and/or prosecutors
- Assistance with Crime Victims’ Compensation
- Assistance with Victim Impact Statements
- Case Status Information
- Courtroom Orientation
- Notification of Significant Court Proceedings when Requested
- Plea Input when Requested
- Referrals to Community Agencies
The VW Program is on call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to assist police in their interviews with and services to victims.
PA SAVIN is an automated service that allows victims and witnesses to track the custody of offenders in jail or prison over the phone or internet. Victims and witnesses can register to be notified by phone, email, and/or text if the custody status of an offender changes.
To access offender custody information:
• Call 1-866-972-7284
• Visit https://pcv.pccd.pa.gov/available-services/Pages/Register-for-Offender-R...
• Download the VINEmobile app
Subpoenas are Court Orders and must be complied with. Upon receipt of a subpoena, please call (717) 273-8846 and leave your detailed contact information, including name, address, and phone number(s), as well as the defendant’s name and action number. After providing the aforementioned information, you need not report unless contacted by the District Attorney’s Office. You must, however, remain available at all times throughout the subpoenaed dates.
If you fail to call and provide detailed contact information, you must appear at the date and time listed on the subpoena.
If you have questions regarding a subpoena, please contact the Victim Witness Program at (717) 228-4412.